Monday, November 18, 2013

Article #5: Parents, pay attention!

 When a child is born, it's a parents job to nurture the baby and to give the baby love and kindness. The thing most needed from babies are attention and love. Without it the baby begins to grow unwanted and secluded bringing terrible outcomes later in the child life.


 When my mother was pregnant with me, my biological father wanted to abort me. My mother refused and had me at 7 months premature. When we were both let out of the hospital, things at "home" went downhill. My father abused both my mother and myself until when I was 3 year old my mother found a job, moved out and started fresh. My mother was hardly around, "it was probably the worst thing I could have done; having to give you materials but not my attention" my mother told me one day. "Luckily, God helped me out a little by having you mature earlier than you should have." 
 My example is quite different from others childhood affecting their adolescence and adulthood. Take for instances serial killer Joseph Paul Franklin's outcome of his abused childhood. His mother didn't care about him and had him "locked up" and secluded from other children. He claims to be "10 years or more behind other people in maturity" and the only comfort he found later in his life was from a book on the Nazis, beginning "his mission" to start a "race war" having killed about 22 people in his lifetime.
 Now imagine how Joseph's life could have been if his mother had given him the attention and love he deserved as a child. I'm sure he wouldn't have become the serial killer who spent 30 years in jail and is now about to be killed on Wednesday for his crime. 
 I say, parents listen to your children. Pay attention to them. Love them and show them right from wrong so that you're child can become a great success and not become the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment